Student Chapter Membership
What am I getting myself into?The Mines ASCE chapter is run concurrently with the Mines chapter of the Associated General Contractors (AGC) and the Colorado Contractors Association (CCA). By paying dues you are a member of the Mines chapter of ASCE and AGC. Students are eligible for:
- free lunches at the biweekly meetings (plus valuable information from the speakers!)
- site tours and field trips
- professional networking opportunities
- volunteer opportunities (for resume building and feeling good about yourself)
- other chapter events and connections with fellow civil students
- membership at the national level (see below)
Why pay dues?Students must pay dues once each academic year to be in good standing with the Student Chapter. All students are encouraged to pay their dues, as this is the main source of funding for the society.
How do we join?Students who have not paid can obtain a registration form in the EG office (BB W350), from Candy Sulzbach (BB W470F), or online. Return your registration form and cash or check (payable to CSM ASCE) at any meeting to one of the officers, or to Candy Sulzbach in her EG mailbox or office.
How much?Annual dues are $20 per year for all members. First-time freshmen or sophomore members may pay half dues during their second semester as a member, and December graduates only need to pay for the fall semester.
Students are encouraged to join the National ASCE Chapter. Membership is FREE.
- Monthly issues of Civil Engineering magazine and ASCE News
- Eligibility for $75,000 in scholarships and financial support
- Free access to Resume-Link, a national resume referral database connecting members with prospective employers
- Access to EIT courses and videotapes
- Unlimited networking opportunities with practicing engineers through ASCE "members only" websites and meetings with Sections, Branches, and Younger Member Committees
- Leadership development and training at national workshops and conferences
- Opportunities to participate in the National Concrete Canoe Races and Steel Bridge Competition
- Up to 75% off all ASCE publications and discounts on conferences, seminars, self-study courses, etc.
- Automatic upgrade to Assoc. Member or Affiliate immediately following graduation